Hello and Happy Tuesday, trust you had a lovely Easter break?
I didn’t do much this Easter as I spent time bonding with my other half, sleeping and attending Easter Sunday service, which was awesome.
Since turning 30, I have made the following a part of my lifestyle.
- Championing and cheering myself – in my 20’s I would normally wait for people to cheer me, thank God this is no longer the case.
- Living in the moment – No more fear of missing out.
- Saying No and sticking with it -In my 20’s I would say YES to everything and later find myself overwhelmed. These days I think carefully before saying YES and often times decline till a much later moment.
- Body Positivity – With the constant bullying, I received in my 20’s on my looks, I hated my look so much, but, once I turned 30, girl!!, I began to love myself! (seeing that this is the body I will always live in).
- Trusting my intuition about people, things and basically trusting the inner man.
- Learning to Trust God without an element of doubt. Trust me, life has thrown hard balls my way. I decided to trust God.
- Gratitude. After the death of my mom, I understood the meaning of vanity! Every day I am thankful for the gift of life and the opportunities that come with it.
- Forgiveness. In my 20’s I struggled with this but over the last 3 years, it’s been a lot easier to forgive and forget without hoping any grudge
- Saving for the future and buying less.
- Rooting for other people, encouraging others by sharing my story.
- Asking for things in the workplace.
- Taking care of my skin more intensely and drinking water, so I can look 16 at 60.
- Bonus: Not comparing myself to the next person and just do things that I enjoy.
So if you ask me, what my favourite birthdays years are, my answer will be my 30’s! I love living life unapologetically!
Style tip: A polka dot blouse can be styled with any colour because they instantly look chic.
Happy St George’s Day and Happy Birthday to me.
Thanks for stopping by.xx